We appreciate the opportunity to provide your health care needs. These policies are intended to allow us to provide better health care services to patients in a timely manner. Thank you for understanding and cooperating.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time to register.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call our office the day before to cancel or reschedule. We reserve the right to charge for missed appointments
- We do our best to see you in a timely manner when you come in for your appointment. Therefore, if you are more than 15 minutes late, we reserve the right to reschedule you for another time. If no show for 3 times, patient will be discharged from the practice.
1. Payment - Payment is expected at the time of service.
a. Please provide a copy of your insurance card prior to each visit.
b. We will file Insurance for you under most circumstances as long as you provide us with current information. You are ultimately responsible for understanding the details of your coverage and what charges you may incur.
c. If your insurance company does not respond to us within 60 days of a filed insurance claim, the charges will be sent to you to follow up on and you will be responsible for payment.
3. Minor Children Patients
a. Minor children patients must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
b. Charges for services rendered to minor children are the responsibility of the parent who seeks treatment for the child and are due at the time of service regardless of court-ordered responsibility.
4. Self-Pay Patient Discounts - We offer discounts to our self-pay patients (patients who have no insurance coverage) who pay in full at the time of service
a) New patients visit $150. Follow up visit $100.
b) We offer very competitive self pay labs and imaging study fees.
5. Restricted Service -All account balances must be in good standing prior to receiving additional services. Please contact our office if you are unable to pay your balance.
6. Missed Appointment Charge - Please notify our office at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment or you may be charged a $25 fee.
7. Additional Service Charges - A service charge of up to $35 may be added for each of the following:
a). Returned Checks
b). Additional forms (FLMA etc.)
Prescription refills should not be an emergency. They should be handled during scheduled office appointments or by calling the prescription refill line during regular office hours. Refills will be filled within 2 business days (not including holidays and weekends). Please do not walk-in to request refills.
Prior Approvals are sometimes needed on medications that are not preferred meds with your insurance company. We ask that you allow 2 business days for this to be obtained, as these are very time consuming phone calls.
Referrals and Authorizations
We refer patient to subspecialists per patient’s reference. If patient doesn’t know who you want us to be referred, we will choose the physician who we believe can provide the best care for you.
If an authorization or pre-certification is required by your insurance, we will need a minimum of 48 hours to contact your insurance company for authorization. And in some cases, it is necessary for you to be seen by Dr. Zhang first.
Hospitalization for patients and after hour coverage
We offer quick sick visit throughout the day as much as possible if you can call us or book online before you come in. You can go to Prompt Care or ER if you are sick after office hour or weekends and need immediate attention.
We utilize hospitalist group which are located in each of the area hospitals per patient’s preference. They accept most insurance plans, they provide the specialized care that is needed in the hospital.
We do have a laboratory on site. We use LabCorp® as a reference lab. Our staff will attempt to determine the lab or facility that your insurance covers, but it is ultimately your responsibility as the patient/insured to confirm the correct lab or facility.
Letter or Forms
Physicians will complete forms and letters as time permits. We ask that you give the physician 7 business days for this. If forms or letters are needed prior to 7 business days, an appointment will need to be made.